Re: [ST] Sprint ST Exhaust

On Thursday, April 24, 2003, at 07:52 PM, Jim Schroeder wrote:
> Has anyone found a company that fabricates headers to the slip-on
> cannister
> that work for our Sprint ST's? I would love to replace mine as it is
> cracked, leaking, and I want better flow.

Jim, I don't mean to be a buzz-kill, but I haven't heard of anyone
selling replacement headers and I imagine that it'd be very, very
expensive to have some fabricated. The triple is fairly unique, and I'd
hesitate to trust anyone outside of Triumph (or Wilcox, their engine
advisors) to do a better job.

When my header cracked (because the center stand was banging on the
exhaust clamp), I found a local welding shop to weld it up. They are a
bunch of former NASA and military guys who are used to dealing with
exotic metals. They did a fantastic job for about $50. In fact, it cost
more to have the dealer uninstall and reinstall the header than the
actual welding cost.

If you're looking to spend big bucks for more squirt, look at the turbo
kit. It retains the stock header, BTW.

Maybe I'm just on a cheap kick 'cause I'm unemployed, but there's my
two cents. :-)
- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
San Jose, CA  (USA)