Re: [ST] Gas

In a previous email, Donald Olson stated:
> Actually, Oregon is the only state that doesn't allow self-service. New
> Jersey the other "last one" according to AAA went self serve a few years
> ago.

NJ still requires that attendants pump the gas, only MC riders are
allowed to pump their own. I moved from Connecticut 5 years ago where I
had been pumping my own gas for years. (For the record, gas is more
expensive in CT and NY than NJ) Imagine my surprise when I got a rude
attendant one day when I went to pump my own into my car. NJ does have
its fair share of idiot attendants that will try to round to the next
dollar when the pump stops at 10 cents thereby spewing gas all over your
fender. But there are also the good guys that will come over and hand me
a rag while I put gas in the Blue Devil.

FWIW I also dropped my key inside my fairing one morning at work. "I'll
just remove a fairing or two with the tool kit that is...DOH!" I had to
wait for about 15 minutes before some showed up with a key to the shop
so that I could get a flashlight and a coat hanger to extract the little
bugger.

- --
Steve "Devil Dawg" Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA, Earth

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
             -- Doctor Who