[ST] Re: New to the list again / archive search

<I dropped off of the mailing list for about the last 9 months and just
rejoined. What happened?>
lots of emails.

<The Archive search doesn't work anymore and TriumphNet.com hasn't had any
updates in just about forever. Is Eric still out there? Has anyone set up
a searchable archive again?>
right, right, i don't think so, and no.

i emailed otterboy last year and asked about the search; he was trying to
hand off the task. i told him if he couldn't find a volunteer with talent
by the end of the year, i would be one 'without'. i didn't hear back.

yesterday, at work [i am blessed to be surrounded by competent people], i
was asking our most propeller-headed guru what tools i could use for the
ST archive search. Eric had mentioned it was a Unix variant; this guy has
set up a Linux X-box just for laughs.

he gave me a slightly pained look and said, 'have you tried google?'
seriously. we opened a web window with the google tool bar, went to the
2000 archive directory, and did a search specifying 'this site'. it works.
[apparently the '99 emails were deleted for server space.]

< I have a few questions, but I'm sure I could find them in an archive if
there is one.>
try the google trick; it's cheap and you don't have to learn Perl.

>Cheers,
James
'00 Sprint ST>

cheers