RE: [ST] Tire Questions

This is a good online source:

http://www.discountmotorcycletire.com

I used them once and they messed up the shipping for me, but I know enough
other people who haven't had problems to still pass on the recommendation.
Plus, I hate paying for things and then not having them right away
anyway...I'm an instant gratification kind of guy when it comes to shopping.
If I give you money, I want my stuff NOW!

Unless you plan to mount and balance yourself, price out the comparison of
the cost of tires from local shop vs. what it costs to have a shop mount
tires you sourced elsewhere. After buying from discount motorcycle, I found
out that I could have paid ~10 USD more total had I bought the tires at a
local moto-parts shop (Road Rider, San Jose) due to the discount they give
on mounting when you buy from them. Next time, that's what I'll do. It is
worth a few extra dollars to be able to pay-mount-and-go all in one
afternoon.

Peter Chittum - '01 BRG Sprint ST
San Jose, CA, USA

End of st-digest V2002 #949