Re: [ST] Tire Questions

> It's time again to buy a new set of tires. My current rear tire has a
major flat worn down the middle and the front is cupping very badly. I'm
looking for recommendations >on a set of tires that will get some decent
mileage. The bike is used mostly for Touring/Commuting. I live in SE
Michigan, so there is not a lot of twisties here and I end >up riding a good
bit of super slasites b. Also, does anyone know of a standout mail order
source? I'd love to buy at the local shop, but I can't afford to pay almost
twice >as much as I can get them for via mail order.

Here is my regular source for mail order tires: http://www.mawonline.com/
Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse.  I have ordered at least 3 tires per year
for the past five years and always get low prices and cheap shipping
(occasionally free on sale days).  Dunlop Sportmax D207's are my choice.  I
pay $106.95 for a rear plus $10.26 shipping.  I pay $45 for mounting the
rear at my local shop.

I agree with those who find a good shop that will sell you a reasonably
priced tire with free mounting.  While passing through Las Vegas, I had a
shop sell and mount a Dunlop rear tire for $165.  Worth it.

George Cope
Roseville, CA
'99 Sprint ST Midnight