Re: [ST] Helmet cam

> Separate packages.
> Mike,
very cool. on the Aprillia 250 series at Road Atlanta a few years ago,
on short notice a bike became available for an internet journalist.I
can't remember who, but anyways we had a couple of camera mounting
options. 1- a motocross racers helmet had been drilled on top. it was
the best view but not the safest. 2- duct taped to the handlebar with a
split view of tach and road ahead. had to split the iris level between
dark tach and bright track. 3-duct taped to side of helmet. 4- rear
view taped to fairing nestled in foam rubber for shock absorption.
The widest lens was used in all cases, with the iris being taped to the
best f-stop. The lipstick cam was powered by a 12v. batt. and  a
separate line was used to feed a camera similar to yours to record. It
was housed in the tail fairing in foam as well. It suffered  from a ton
of vibration.
At one point we had a joggers neoprene fanny pack that housed the
battery and camcorder.

We only had two races on  saturday  and one on sunday and very little
time to mount the gear, so it was quite challenging.

I hope this gives you  a few ideas for shooting. have fun.
Dennis