RE: [ST] Dropped My Keys...

<<
...inside the fairing while at the gas station.  Doh!  Nobody had a coat
hanger, either.

I remember this problem was a thread a few months back, but I never thought
it would happen to me (not after 13 years of riding motorcycles with
fairings). Nope, not me.

I've had this happen to me more than once this year, at gas stops with the
bike on it's sidestand.  Fortunatly I don't have anything on the ignition
key, so it falls right thru, to the belly pan.  Right next to the headers,
of course.  From there if you thump the bottom of the belly pan it will hop
the key back to the cuttout, from there you can grasp it with your fingers.
I suggest wearing your leather gloves for extra protection.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen