Re: [ST] New ST owner - questions

My experience has been similar to yours.  I have gotten about twice the
mileage from the front as the rear.  This has been my experience with
both my 95 VFR and 88 Concours.  I am easy on brakes but I tend to carry
alot of corner speed and accelerate hard.  I also down shift and set my
corner speed early.

I am also disappointed in the wear characteristics of the BT57's.  I
wore the rear out in less than 2300 miles and the front is now gone at
4500 miles.  The BT 020 has only been slightly better.  Currently I have
2200 miles on it and it is half gone.  I rode to Mid-Ohio last month and
cruised at 85-90 mph (indicated) for about 2 1/2 hours on I-77.  The
rear BT 020 had blisters on it.  The air pressure was 42 psi cold when I
checked it upon my return.  I am going to try the new Michelin Pilot
Road next.

Rick
00 Sprint ST