RE: [ST] New ST owner - questions

There are numerous factors that affect the life of a tire.. Weight,
pressure, temp, and suspension. A bike with poorly setup suspension will
EAT tires, ie 200 plus pound rider with gear and hard bags loaded up will
eat a tire quicker than a 170 lb rider un loaded. Also the ST's rear shock
is sprung for a 165lb rider! start adding lots of preload to get the sag
correct and the tire will start to bounce more, track less well, and wear
faster.. I used to get on average 6k from a rear and about 8k from a front.
Erik