RE: [ST] New ST owner - questions

At 15:19 07/08/03, you wrote:
>Spud,
>I see now that my wording was ambiguous. Let me try again :)

Ain't the English language wunnerful? ;)

>It seems to me that there are no road surfaces in the states that are as
>abrasive as road surfaces like Shell grip that you get in the UK.

Aaaaahhhhhh. That'd be it then. I still think 4.5k is not great mileage
from a sport-touring tyre though. Even if I could have worn it on for
another 500, I reckoned the increased risk in the wet wasn't worth losing
my insurance no claims discount and excess over. It is, after all only
those two little contact patches that keep us in contact with mother earth.

I'd be interested to learn with anyone from New Zealand or Australia gets
with respect to tyre mileage. The roads in New Zealand have a better
surface then here but it's probably just as wet. Australia info might show
the surface differences but with similar heat to the USA.

Or I could just stop worrying about it and ride ....

>Rupert (who grew up in the UK)

Got fed up with the rain then huh?

- - Spud.