RE: [ST] How to find Service Bulletins

Thanks.  For sake of discussion I included the below summary from the
referenced web site:

NHTSA campaign number:               02v242000
Vehicle:                             Sprint st (2002 model year)
Affected:                            Wheels
Manufacturers involved:              Triumph motorcycles
Manufactured:                        03/01/2001 - 03/31/2002
Number of units affected:            1557
Owners notified by manufacturer on:  09/19/2002
Defect summary:      On certain motorcycles, the rear wheel needle roller
bearing as fitted only to certain single sided swinging arm motorcycles can
deteriorate and seize causing the rear wheel to lock-up.
Consequence summary: This can cause a loss of control of the motorcycle.
Corrective summary:  Dealers will replace all rear wheel bearings. Owner
notification began september 19, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an
authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free
remedy within a reasonable time should contact triumph at 1-678-854-2010.

This brings up another question.  If owners were notified 9/19/02, why would
my bike not have had this fixed before I picked it up?  I'll be calling my
seller to ask (or emailing this note).

I'll let everyone know what I find out.  May take me a few days.

Thanks,
James

e=index&req=viewarticle&artid=28