Re: [ST] Mapping Software

Garry,
I'm not sure if your talking freeware, shareware or what, but I recently
purchased DeLorme Topo 4.0   Pretty good coverage of local roads, but what
is great is that it has 3D capabilities.   You can almost drive down a road
and see the terrain.  If you want to see what the roads are like before you
go, this is it - except for surface conditions. Covers the entire US for
$99.

In my not so humble opinion, Mapquest is the pits.

Oh, if you want to see surface conditions in PA, PennDOT has a website you
can see video of a bunch of PA roads.  Not sure how much of the state is
done yet.
Rod