Re: [ST] Mapping Software

On Monday, August 11, 2003, at 02:03  PM, peter.chittum@xxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:
> I recently saw an awesome display in REI of some software. It had a
> National Geographic Society label on it. I was playing around with it
> after having taken a little teeny side road off of Mt. St. Helens and
> that side road was in the map. If I'm not mistaken it also will
> display contours, so you can get a good idea of terrain.

Its a great system, but its targeted primarily at hikers/campers. It
prints topo maps with waterproof ink onto waterproof paper for $8 per
page. It doesn't have any routing capability, however, so you'd have to
know where the roads are and the general route you want to take before
using this service.
- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
President, Triumph Sport Riders Assoc.
San Jose, CA  (USA)
*** TSRA Western Rallye in New Mexico: Sept. 19th and 20th ***