From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Rupert Galea
Sent: Tuesday, 12 August 2003 12:52 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] throwover soft panniers

Sadly my ST did not come with hard panniers and I cannot swallow the $1K
to get them right now.

Does anyone have the $260 soft panniers and if so what do you think of
them?

I am also considering an Oxford humpback tail bag.
http://57627958.home.icq.com/oxfordhumpback.html
I think this looks better but you cannot carry as much, the weight is
higher up and you cannot take a passenger.

Does anyone have a tail bag they use on an ST/RS? Any problems finding
places to attach the bungee cords? Any issue with damaging the
bodywork/paint?

I was in the saddle 9 hours on Saturday. My bum never got sore which
amazed me for a stock seat. Very happy with my new bike :)
Rupert

*   *