[ST] Triumph Riding Boots / Raptor Knee Armor

Two questions:

1) I want to get a proper pair of riding boots. Any opinions on the Triumph-badged riding boots (not the hiking boot ones, the sport ones). They're about $150. I think they're made in Italy. Local dealer has a pair in my size, but have no idea how they compare comfort, performance or price-wise with SIDI, etc. Suggestions welcome.

2) I'm tall and have knobby knees. I had problem with bursitis in both knees after using knee pads when telemark skiing a couple seasons back. No pads last season, no knee problems. The armor in my Raptor pants annoys my knees (tight fitting, pressure on kneecaps), especially when I ride with my toes on the pegs. Not only that, but the pants hike up a lot with the armor in. Does anyone make non-plastic coated knee armor (foam only) that would hopefully be more comfortable/flexible? I realize I'd be sacrificing some protection, but something needs to change. I like the Raptor pants a lot other than this knee armor thing. I wish they made "tall" sizes...

Garry