Re: [ST] Triumph Riding Boots / Raptor Knee Armor

At 15:01 12/08/03, you wrote:
>2) I'm tall and have knobby knees. I had problem with bursitis in both
>knees after using knee pads when telemark skiing a couple seasons back. No
>pads last season, no knee problems. The armor in my Raptor pants annoys my
>knees (tight fitting, pressure on kneecaps), especially when I ride with
>my toes on the pegs. Not only that, but the pants hike up a lot with the
>armor in. Does anyone make non-plastic coated knee armor (foam only) that
>would hopefully be more comfortable/flexible? I realize I'd be sacrificing
>some protection, but something needs to change. I like the Raptor pants a
>lot other than this knee armor thing. I wish they made "tall" sizes...

I'm not sure if you have access to Hein Gericke clothing, but their armour
is called Hiprotec and is a soft, flexible rubber-like material(but is
definitely not rubber! Drop a ball of this stuff from waist height to the
floor and it just stops dead.) The armour comes in sport and comfort
thicknesses, and the comfort works well and is CE approved.

Worth trying if you can get it.

Stephen McS.