Re: [ST] Tire mileage comparisons, how to

At 15:26 13/08/03, you wrote:
>Please, when stating how long some brand / model of tire lasts give some
>comparison data. If you say you got 6000 miles from tire X, I can't tell
>if that
>is good or bad. If you then say I got 8000 miles from tire Y, now I really
>know
>something.

Fair point, but I would argue that the most recent questions have been by
people trying to *obtain* comparison data. For example, I've only been
through one tyre change and wanted to know what others had experienced.

>Also it would really help if you gave some info on where you live and ride. I
>live in the SF Bay Area so I don't know much about riding in the rain.

In total agreement there. In the UK, and Scotland in particular, we know
all about riding in the rain - even though this summer has been a record
breaker. I'm happy to forsake some mileage for good water clearing
capabilities - and that's why I've stuck with the Bridgestone corporation -
till now. I also still maintain you guys over the pond must have as much
Teflon as bitumen in your roads to get the mileage that you do. (Now
donning flame-proof suit in preparation for resulting onslaught.)

- - Stephen (Spud) McS.
'02 BRG Sprint ST
Scotland