Re: [ST] Tire mileage comparisons, how to

> Please, when stating how long some brand / model of tire lasts
> give some comparison data. If you say you got 6000 miles from
> tire X, I can't tell if that is good or bad. If you then say I
got
> 8000 miles from tire Y, now I really know something.

Point taken.  Here's the omitted data:

Previous tires on this bike:
* OE: BT57's - uninspiring and kinda numb- took them off at 620
miles (bike arrived before the Dunlops)
* Dunlop D205's - a bit slow turning but very predictable - to 8k
miles [~7400mi]
* BT020's - replaced the front with an 010 almost immediately -
pretty good except in v. cool temps - to 15k. [~7600mi]
* Avon AV45/46 which now have 6700mi.  These tires will probably
last about the same as the others but I'm riding much more
aggressively due to their exceptional characteristics.  And yes
Spud, they do work very well in wet/cold conditions.

Due to our ongoing budgetary crises [crisi?], we have an
increasing number of our favorite bits of twisty asphalt/macadam
being resurfaced - some would say 'ruined' - using the highly
abrasive chipseal process.

Riding content:
Last night TRAP's monthly mOOnlight ride took us out the Columbia
Gorge to the Stonehedge replica near Maryhill, WA.  We watched
the full moon rise over the rim of the Gorge.  An awesome sight
in eerie sorroundings!  Howling was optional.
- --
Ride well,
Rick in Oregon - '01 Sprint ST
TRAP -Triumph Riders Assn.