Re: [ST] Dang the archives! Need alternative oil filter alternatives

> The factory
> specifies 1000km - 620mi as the drain interval and many riders
> have doubled that with no adverse effects.
>
> *IMO* you run a greater risk of the rings not fully seating if
> you switch over to full synthetic too soon.

Rick,
I'm in total agreement with what you said. When I was trying to rush that
600 mile service to go on a long run, my dealer's head mechanic told me to
really run it hard that last couple hundred miles.  He said to see if I
could keep it at about 8k rpm for 15 minutes to half an hour before bringing
it in.  He said the cylinder walls are extremely hard and once the synthetic
is in there they will never wear in.  I had to modify that 8k in places so
that I could retain my driving priviledges but I'll swear the harder I
pushed it, the easier it revved.
Rod