Re: [ST] Oh the conflicting info! WAS-> Need Oil Filter Alternatives

RTFM!  Follow the instructions in the owner's manual or Triumph factory
service manual to the exact letter.  You will not be disappointed.  I
did and my bike uses NO OIL WHATSOEVER!  I can treat it nice or like I
stole it (after it's warmed-up) and it never burns oil and is very strong.

Doing so also ensures you will have Triumph's backing if something bad
happens.

Bryce wrote:
> Thanks for the info guys.
>
> I just got off the phone with a service mgmr @ a local
> Triumph Dealership.
>
> He said the exact opposite.  Stating that unlike BMW
> (which he services also) that recommends Dino oil for
> awhile b4 switching to synthetic.  Triumph uses a very
> agressive break-in oil in their bikes, allowing them
> to switch to full syn. right off the bat at the first
> oil change.
>
> I'm so freaking confused.  Rob do u have the # for
> your service manager?  I'd love to speak to him.
>
> This wknd I plan on rding to a Family reunion 215
> miles away from me.  Perhaps I'll bring the filter and
> gallon of oil with me and let the engine break-in a
> bit more and do the oil change there and have fresh
> syn. for the way home?  That'll be 715 miles on the
> ODO.  Comments?

- --
John Albright
'02 RS