Re[3]: [ST] I swear, these damn internet lists are counterproductive sometimes

On Thursday, August 14, 2003, 9:44:23 AM, peter.chittum@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I have to agree with Garry. I've got a great dealer, and
> for the first time, I trust a guy I'm taking my bike to. I
> don't do everything through the dealer, but when I'm doing
> my own work, I'm happy to throw them some extra cash and
> get the OEM parts. It's just my way of telling them I want
> them to stick around.

That's all well and good, if you have a dealer close by; in
my case, the nearest Triumph dealer is over 100 miles away,
while there's a Honda/Yamaha dealer only 15 miles away.  For
things like filters, tire changes, etc., I go to the Honda
dealer; for major service, I ride it to the Triumph dealer,
which is a hassle, as my wife has to follow me over in the
car so I have a ride back, then we have to do the whole
dance again when the service is complete.  Ah, well, small
price to pay to live in a rural, mountain setting. :-)

- -Keith
'00 RS