Re: [ST] Running problem with RS when hot

Hello, Pete!

If your bike has been sitting and it behaves like Keith's, It could be
the injectors gummed up with "varnish" (not a clue what the British word
for varnish), old gasoline.  We have a GREAT product for cleaning
injectors called Redline SI-1 (Spark Ign).

http://www.redlineoil.com/redlineoil/si1ti.htm

Redline makes excellent synthetic lubricants.  If you can find this
stuff it will clean your injectors.  It is the only in-tank additive
that will.  I have not had to use it on my RS, but have in every car
I've owned.  It really is as good as they say it is.  I work for the
Electric Co., so I have no dog in this fight.

Keith,

If the injectors were leaking, why did they replace the T-bodies?

Keith Winter wrote:
> On Thursday, August 14, 2003, 10:02:59 AM, PETER STRAWSON wrote:
>

>>Has anyone else had similar problems with running?
>>Any advice would be welcome
>

> I had a somewhat similar problem 18 months ago, although it
> started out as surging, which progressively got worse to the
> point of stalling at every stop.  After nearly two months in
> the shop, Triumph mechanics finally isolated it to leaking
> fuel injectors; they replaced all three throttle bodies and
> the idle stepper motor, which solved the problem.
>
> Fortunately, the bike was still under warrantee (just barely
> - by about two weeks), so the work and parts where covered.
>
> -Keith
> '00 RS

- --
John Albright