Re: [ST] Cross-references found! WAS-> Need alternative oil filt er alternatives

 >> If you're happy with FRAM, I don't particularly care, but it would be
 >> difficult to convince me that FRAM makes a quality filter (I've had
one
 >> rupture and I've seen cutaways of a number of brands).

Its Robert or Eric.  I typically go by Eric, not that it matters :-)
I'm mysterious that way...

And I typically don't use FRAM filters.  My point is/was that:

a)  If you religiously change your oil and filter every 3K and don't
live in the desert, then you could probably get away with FRAM.  Its
not a mortal sin.  No, its not a great filter, but its adequate in a
pinch.

b)  Those who find it inconvenient/expensive to buy into the Triumph
propaganda have plenty of quality alternatives and do NOT risk damaging
their engines.

c) The same holds true for a lot of oils out there as well.

It will be interesting to see what my dealer pours in tomorrow (like I
said, I caved).  I'm pretty sure he'll screw on a Triumph filter, but
i've heard that not all dealers put the Triumph/Mobil synthetic into
service bikes that are out of warranty unless its specified by the
customer.

On an unrelated note, I'll report back on my findings regarding the
Avon 45/46 skins.  I don't think there are a lot of bad tires out there
either, just different applications.  I DO know that if I don't get
more than 3000 miles out of them, my wife is going to be REALLY upset.

Peace !

Robert/Eric :-)