Re: [ST] Forks, brakes, wheels wanted - smaller Tigger wheels

2000blueRS wrote:

>Looking for parts to convert my Tiger to 17-inch wheels.
>
>John
>2000 RS
>1995 Steamer Tiger

A couple of years ago, I rode a 1996 steamer Tigger with a smaller front
wheel for ten days in Greece.  It was fine at slower speeds but developed a
wobble in the bars above 100 km/h or so.  Of course, there could be plenty
of other reasons for this, but I suggest you consider what difference
smaller wheels will make to handling.  If you're just trying to lower ride
height, try dropping the triple clamps down the forks a bit.

Neil