Re[2]: [ST] Running problem with RS when hot

On Thursday, August 14, 2003, 7:14:22 PM, Colt4530 wrote:

> Keith,

> If the injectors were leaking, why did they replace the
> T-bodies?

I can't tell you; I don't really know.  They had the bike
(Orange County Triumph, L. A area, and California Triumph,
Mt. View) so long that no one really knows exactly what was
done to fix the problem.  The throttle bodies and idle
stepper are just two of the items replaced and the ones that
ultimately solved the problem.  I believe they considered
the throttle bodies to be defective in some manner which
contributed to the leaking injectors.

The whole thing was such a C.F. that I don't even want to go
back and think about it. :-(  Right now the bike is back in
the shop (not OC or Cal Triumph) to fix a massive oil usage
issue which has been getting progressively worse since the
work was done at OC Triumph; the bike never used a drop
before they had it down there, and when I got it back, it
was using at the rate of about a quart every 1000 miles.
Triumph refused to take responsibility for the problem and
would not fix it, so I've been living with it.  Now it's up
to a quart ever 600 miles, so I'm biting the bullet and
having it worked on.

- -Keith
'00 RS