RE: [ST] August 2003 Issue of Motorcyclist, what gives?

I got over all the VFR ass-kissing by the cycle mags a long time ago.
My best friend and riding buddy has an 02 VFR which I've logged a lot of
miles on over twisties, bagged up, etc.  It's a great bike but I told
him I wouldn't ever trade.  Funny how he's always the one who suggests
we switch bikes for a while...

We're always cutting each other's ride (in jest of course) with him
telling passers-by about Triumphs leaking oil.  For my part I call his
bike the Toyota Camry of motorcycles.  Guess what happens when you whack
the throttle on a VFR at cruising speeds?  Nothin'!  It moans a bit but
just toddles along.  I also call the VFR the "Gear Hunter".  Better do
some left hand exercises because you'll be shifting a lot to keep up
with the ST. Did I mention it's heavier and gets much worse fuel
mileage?

Sorry - got carried away there.  :)

Anyway, I could do a complete 180 if Honda comes out with a rumored VFR
1000.  Might just have to trade in the old Stonker for somethin' like
that....

Scott
01 BRG ST