RE: [ST] August 2003 Issue of Motorcyclist, what gives?

<<
"Unchanged and about to get its tail kicked by new
STs; c'mon triumph!"

I wonder what other STs are that are coming out to
kick the Sprint ST's butt?  I guess class-leading
SPORT-touring isn't good enough is it? :p

The ST's they are referring too are the FJR, the ST1300, and the rumored
CBR1200XX.  Now, all of a sudden, sport tourers HAVE too be 1100cc plus,
with the exception of the VFR, of course.  Plus, the press have NEVER liked
the styling on the bike.  So they get to knock it down a couple notches with
that too.  Nevermind they usually love to ride them, or use them as the pack
mules when they do ST comparo's.  Ah well, keeps the squids of our bikes, I
guess.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen