[ST] SIDI boot review

Hello all-

I've got a couple months in my new Sidi Air-Carbon's and would like to
share a few things about them. Previously I've owned two pair of
Alpinestars but never Sidi. First, 'Air' in the name refers to the
ventilation holes. The're not made to keep your feet dry so if that's a
requirement for you then quit reading now. Obviously they're not designed
for touring but if you carried rain covers for your boots I guess they
could work. If you don't live where it rains a lot they would make good
commuters. But their main focus must be sport-riding/track days/racing.

Ventilation: There are holes in material on sides of boot. I guess it helps
but not by a hellava margin.
Style:  All black (nice) with white Sidi logo (in white) on side and on
shin plate.
Protection: These boots absolutely dog the Alpinestars I've had previously.
Mabey I'm comparing apples to grapes as the Astars I've had are more
'sport-touring' rather than the 'super-sport' models in their lineup.
**Carbon shin guard and ankle guard/plates looks very nice and would offer
a ton of protection.
  They feature Sidi's patented Vertebrae (sp?) system on the back of the
boot. I can't stress how much I like this. It moves when you walk, fits
snugly around calf (this is adjustable) and doesn't look bad either. It
feels so protected in that area now. The A'stars I've had fit like slush
boots in the back particularly at the top.
They have a real heel cup that seems very sturdy. The A'stars were supposed
to have a heel cup but you could smash it over by stepping on it!
The toe slider works great. I had nearly gone through the sole of the
AlpineStars but on the Sidis just the replaceable slider hits - I haven't
scraped the sole at all.

the market that offers more protection I haven't seen it.
I really like 'em. It's going to be very hard to go to the non-vented back
ups in November/December. Did I mention how cool the carbon looks?

$300 delivered from Motonation

John Petrey