Re: [ST] I'm advertising for them but it's a good deal

> That's a great price if you like the Joe Rocket style and fit.  After
trying
> on a variety of textile mesh jackets, IMO the First Gear was a better fit
> (at least for me).  The mesh wasn't as loose and the pads were more stable
> (they didn't move around easily).  They stayed where they are suppose to
> stay to protect during a fall/slide.  The Joe Rocket pads moved very
easily,
> which I would think make them move from the place they're suppose to
protect
> during a slide.

Interesting. I chose the Joe Rocket for those same reasons. I have a First
Gear jacket (not a mesh, though), that I was wearing last year when I mowed
down 120 feet of brush in a ditch. I was heavily bruised in all the places
where the armor should've helped. What apparently happened was the armor
pulled away from my body as I slid, leaving my armss and shoulders exposed.
When I looked at the Joe Rocket mesh jacket, I liked that the inner liner
held the armor in a manner that would allow the outer shell to move while
keeping the inner liner and armor in place.

Just my take. YMMV