Re: [ST] Sagging rear shock?

>Sorry if this has been covered previously, but i could
>not find anything in the archives.
>
>Lately i have had a problem with my 2000 ST.  It seems
>that the rear shock may be at fault.  When the bike is
>on the centerstand the rear wheel appears to be much
>higher off the ground than it used to be (the tire is
>2 1/2 inches off the ground).  The steering also seems
>to be slowed down, which would be the result of
>increased rake that a lower rear end would cause.  Has
>anyone else seen this problem?

It may not be the shock. If you recently adjusted your chain, it
could be the only difference. Make sure when you turn the adjuster
that you do it so it rotates the wheel down. Other wise you start
losing ground clearance. Surprisingly, some dealers aren't aware of
this and they do it incorrectly.
- --
Matt Knowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - www.aestheticdesign.com - (707) 786-4643