[ST] Updated Sprint-ST???

OK, so the talk has started once again.

Sure the ST could use some updates after a five year run.  So what are they?

First, let me say what should NOT be changed.

#1 Styling:    Pardon me, but I think the Sprint-ST is one of the classiest
bikes on the road.  And the comments from all those at ANY stop I make
concur.  It would be my hope that Triumph keeps this basic style for the
next ten years.  The new Daytona 600 is a cool bike, but PLEASE Triumph do
not follow this styling cue for the ST.  Trust Me (tm), the Sprint-ST is a
classic design, history will bear this out, stick with it.

#2 Motor:    It is a stonkin' triple, stick with this as well.  The new
motor (vs. the 99-01) is OK but not a significant upgrade.  Don't be messing
with the 955 too much more, or you risk creating a Japanese clone.

#3 Build quality:   This is what makes the Triumph stand apart.  Upgrade
your QC and keep the Triumph above and beyond the competition.  Bullet proof
is the goal.  This should be the perception of all motorcyclists.  And this
must be the reality.

Upgrades/changes

Suspension:   #1 on the hit parade.  Why can't we have Daytona/S3 suspension
bits on the ST??  I just don't understand this logic.  It's there,
available, COME ON, give it to us!!  Trust Me (tm) you will not be hurting
sales of the other bikes by giving US the same level of suspension!!!!!

Seat:   Come on guys lets have a real Sport-Touring seat, it's not that hard
to do.

Mirrors:    Some rear view would be nice, call John King for advice.  And
those funky boots!  Do your engineers actually ride these bikes day to day?
The boots SUCK!!!!!! FUGLEY.

Brakes:   The brakes are great, but how about a little less slop in the
front brakes and a lot more feel in the rear????

How about a helmet lock????? Pretty easy add-on I would think.

And how about a relocation of the seat lock, so it does not require removal
of the hardbags to operate?

And speaking of Hardbags, how about standard equipment?  Or at the very
least, a $500 option?  A thousand bucks is an outrage.

Wish list...........

ABS option, not for all but would be a nice alternative.
GPS, integrated into instrument pod,optional as well.
TWO year warranty.  Push the envelope, set the standard.

duncan
dallas
baja oklahoma
'00-ST