Re: [ST] Updated Sprint-ST???

At 13:40 21/08/03, you wrote:
>[single lights in the EU]
>
>I am sorry but I have to correct you. Since 1/1/2000 the law in the EU
>allows us ST-riders to have 2 lights, for low and for high beam.
>Maybe now is a biker in the EU at the right point of decisions...

One thing I know is that I will be wrong again, but I'm a bit confused by
this one. If what you say is correct, how come my UK-spec 2002 Sprint ST
had only one headlight lit on dip beam, and both on full beam when it left
the factory?* I know the Speed For and Sped Triple all have the same
affliction from 2002 onwards for sure - maybe even from 2001.

This arrangement also applies to a friend's 2003 Fazer 600 - on which she
can not actually turn the lights off due to the AHO legislation.

* Now rectified with a couple of additional relays so that both lamps are
lit when on dipped beam.

- - Spud.
02 BRG ST - also with the maximum illumination Triumph provide.

PS I've been in Vienna a few times over the last couple of years - but only
got to see the city on my last visit about a month ago. Maybe we can
discuss the finer points of EU biking legislation over a "proper" Budweiser
some time ... ;-)

- - Spud.