Re: [ST] Updated Sprint-ST???

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Craig Tate wrote:

> Steve, you pretty much hit it right on the head. I'm happy with
> the seat (did a SaddleSore 1000 with no problems), but other
> than that, I'm in full agreement with your list. I do not want
> a bigger, heavier, "super" sport tourer, which is where the
> industry seems to be going. Craig 01 ST 01 Duc 750ss

Dunc,

Well, you have pretty well said what I have been saying for the
last couple of years. As far as the bigger, heavier SS, well, I
like my FJR, but, depending on what happens I might be putting a
ST in the garage this fall, jury is still out. Sometimes the FJR
is the perfect machine. But, sometimes it is just big. And as
much as we may complain about the luggage on the ST, it works
better than that of the FJR. They tried to make the luggage on
the FJR to frew frew, and it quickly became a PITA, I do not
like the frew frew locking at all. Even though it uses the same
key as the ignition, I still carry two keys so I can access the
luggage when the bike is turned on.

Go figure.

But it the end, I still can't get used to the lack of lean on
the FJR, eck.

cheers,
Tom

 Thomas Emberson, Dallas, TX
 '00 Yamaha WR400F (self abuse in style)
 '01 Suzuki TL1000s
 '03 Yamaha FJR1300

 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500
 killed by rocks: '01 BRG Sprint ST (18 months old, 25,152 miles)