Re: [ST] Seat Release...

Make sure the key is fully inserted into the lock on the left
side rear of the bike.  While exerting a gentle-but-firm
counter-clockwise turning force on the key, sharply smack the
center of the rear of the seat.  The key should turn the rest of
the way and the rear of the seat will pop up.
- --
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST

> I'm new to list. Just purchased '02 ST last Saturday. Got it
home, went to
> wash & wax, and could not get the seat off. Tried pressure on
rear of seat
> while turning key, and pounded on and tugged on and still no
luck.

> Any ideas or will I have to return to dealership 100 miles
away?