From: Manuel Gonzalez [mailto:mito_lawman@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2003 2:48 PM
To: st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Problems with stock lights?

Hey folks,

If you think the stock lights are too weak, get the Phillips Vision Plus
Bulbs!  I did almost two years ago and they still work great!  I have never
had a problem with the amount of light they throw out.  Tom Emberson has
complained that they are too bright for me to ride behind him at night.

Now, I don't profess to be an Iron Butt rider, so I can't say if having
multiple extra lights sprouting from every exposed mounting bolt and bike
appendage really makes cruising across great expanses of open road in the
dead of night that much better, personaly I would rather sleep at night and
ride during the day so I can enjoy the scenery. Also, I don't want my bike
to look like one of those ridiculous little vespa scooters with a dozen
mirrors hanging off it.

So, if the Vision Plus bulbs don't put out enough light for you, go for the
add on lights.  Say, that brings back memories of all my high school friends

putting light bars on their pickups and mounting the huge K.C. Daylighters
to them.  You remember those, the ones with the yellow smiley face covers.
Wouldn't that look cool!  I can't wait to see Duncan's bike with a pair
mounted on it!

Manuel
2001 BRG ST