[ST] Tyre / Tire / tired pressures

After al the recent debate on tyre/tire pressures, I decided to have a
little fairly unscientific experiment.

I'm currently running a good but worn BT-020 on the front (about 3k miles
on it) and a part-worn BT-020 rear (about 1k miles on it). Pressure in each
were:
F: 36 psi (cold)
R: 42 psi (cold)

I ride most days (commuting)along A and B roads in the UK with some
straights and some interesting and entertaining corners.
The bike has no luggage apart from a small Oxford sports humpback tail bag
I strap to the passenger seat to carry my daily needs for work. I weigh
147lbs (spookily enough 66.6Kgs) without riding gear on.

This combination has been satisfactory enough for me to have the toes of my
boots gently brush the ground on occasion on some of those entertaining
corners - generally when I least expect it. I am not a knee down style of
rider and like to know I have some cornering clearance left for when the
unexpected happens.

I measured the rear tyre pressure on arriving at work last week over a few
days.
R: 44 psi (hot - 5% increase) - occasionally 45 psi (7% increase).

At the weekend I dropped the rear pressure (cold) to 39 psi.

The last couple of days, over the same route, the hot pressure has been:
R: 42.5psi (hot - 9% increase).
Effects?
It has to be said that the bike has seemed to be a little better at getting
out of the bends and I haven't noticed any real difference on turning in -
although I might have been taking it easier while I felt my way about.
Overall, I think it's a change for the better in terms of feel - but I'll
reserve judgement until I've experienced other weather conditions (all dry
roads so far) and had a few more miles.

What does this prove? Probably nothing - but it's certainly worth a little
experiment if you are a lighter rider like myself.
Will I be adjusting the front pressure next? We'll wait and see ......

Regards,

Stephen McS.