[ST] Re: st-digest V2002 #1187

Subject: RE: [ST] Problems with stock lights?

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but, when you convert stock springs
to theRaceTech springs/emulators set-up, the bike's "nose" (and hence
lights) sits lower. (I assembled and disassembled mine four separate times
to check measurements and discussed it with RaceTech who agreed with me.  I
measured sag with stock set-up and with RT and there is about a 24mm
difference for someone of my weight of 170#.)  This has the effect of
making the low-beam lights barely visible to others and throws a much
shorter beam-spread than when stock.  I first noticed this with my friend's
Sprint ST and figured out that the same went for my bike.  Re-setting is
definitely in order.

By the way, I have the Motolights also and they are fantastic.  Several
friends have been converted.

Paul