RE: [ST] BT-020 variants?

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Steven Kohlscheen wrote:

> I just put some of these on.  The 45 is the front, the 46 is the rear, and
> they are a matched set.  I've only put about 300 miles on them, but I really
> enjoy them.  They feel very much like the Pirelli GTS I loved so much.  I'll
> be seeing how they wear over Labor Day weekend.  Going to eastern PA.  That
> is, if I can get rid of this backfire problem.  But that's another thread.

Very cool, keep us posted on how they do.  Backfire problem?  Had the
tune/co2 checked?  Running race gas again? >;^{)

> BTW, just to add to the confusion, I read in a couple magazines that
> Bridgestone put out a BT020NT recently, NT meaning New Tire.  It was
> supposed to be an improved version, for longer life, etc, etc.

Read that too, and that the NT had a steel belt that outperformed all of
the previous kevlar belted versions, so much so that they quit making the
kevlar version and all 020's are now NT?  Mebbe we can get the date code
on when that switch happened, I have 2 new sets on the way already so
hoping for the new ones.

Where you going in PA?  Prolly headed into SW PA ourselves but open to
suggestions.
- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST -mine
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 VFR800FI -hers         /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '89 Hawk GT  -ours   ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  AMA, CMH-Moto,      Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  #3    U    DoD(6.66), HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail