RE: [ST] True Believers Only

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, STeve Duncan wrote:

> Tom,
>
> The IBR is by invitation only. Kneebone decides who is and who
> ain't in the rallye. This year as in previous years, there were
> about 2000 applicants for the 116 spots available. Most all of
> the riders were top finishers of ~other~ rallye's such as the
> Waltz Across Texas and the like. Getting in the IBR is not just
> a matter of sending in an application, you gots to have "cred"
> in the LD community :)))

Yes, I realize that, next summer I plan on two SS1000's (going
to visit my Dad for a day), and a CC 50. The following summer I
would like to voluteer for the IBR, and try to get in a couple
of other rallyes. Then go out for the '07 IBR. (every 2 years
right?). Before then I would also like to get a SS3k as well. A
friend lives in Whitehorse, YT, ~3500 miles door to door. So I
figure I will not be able to do it on the way up, but, if I
leave his place with a full tank of gas a 5am, I should be able
to get gas all the way down the Alaska HWY. Going up would be
hard as a lot of the gas stations close around 5 or 6pm.

I've got the experience to do it now, but you are correct, I do
not have the cred. I have done at least 3 SS1000's, one on the
ZX9r and 2 on the ST, but they where not documented.

And yes, Stacy knows I am crazy. But for some reason she still
loves me.

cheers,
Tom

 Thomas Emberson, Dallas, TX
 '00 Yamaha WR400F (self abuse in style)
 '01 Suzuki TL1000s
 '03 Yamaha FJR1300

 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500
 killed by rocks: '01 BRG Sprint ST (18 months old, 25,152 miles)