From: garrysimmons@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:garrysimmons@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2003 1:49 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] for Garry - RS sticker removal

>     If you're talking about the HUGE RS stickers on the front side
> fairings - the ones that look like sprawling malignant growths - you
> have a problem.  Unlike the other stickers on the bike, those are
> applied UNDER the clear coat and can't be removed without taking the
> clear coat with it.

That would be the stickers I'm talking about. It appears that mine are on
top of the clear coat (maybe a change in paint tactics at the factory). I've
managed to get a fingernail under the damaged one (courtesy of a low-speed
dump) and think I've (barely) lifted a corner on the good one as well.

Haven't really tried pulling on them, as I'm saving that for this weekend.
Can't ride yet, so I might as well work on the bike.

On a (crash) related note, my stock exhaust can also picked up some
scratches. Can these be removed? I'm not sure what you can do to stainless
steel to remove scratches. They're not bad, but I'd prefer to remove them.
If they can't be repaired, I'll just have to buy an aftermarket slip-on for
it (or buy someone's leftover stock one after THEY bought a new can).

Garry

*