From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
garrysimmons@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 12:27 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: RE: [ST] track school....was-> RACING IS AWESOME!!

> Bryce<- hoping his RS won't feel too piggy afterwards
> either. :p

Isn't the point of most class-oriented track days to make you a better rider
on YOUR bike (even if it is a pig :-))? What's the point in learning to
flick a Kaw 636 (or equiv) around when you ride an ST that's nearly 100 lbs
heavier?

Sure it might be fun to tear around on a 600 supersport and you don't have
to worry about prepping your bike or trailering it there, etc., but I think
it would take me a quite a while learning how another bike handles. Wouldn't
that be wasted time? I want to learn how to ride my Sprint better, not a
bike that I don't own... They're just such radically different bikes that I
don't see the point aside from convenience (at a major extra expense).

I hope to do a class-oriented track day early next season (right after
getting new rubber).

Garry

*