From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
rachel&eric
Sent: Sunday, 14 December 2003 08:50
To: st group
Subject: [ST] communications and loud fuel pumps

Rachel got her own bike this fall and now I'm looking for a way to
communicate between bikes. Are there any compelling reasons to pay the
extra $ to get a Chatterbox system? It seems to me that a decent set
of two way radios with VOX (voice activated) headsets will do the same
thing for a lot less. Am I missing something? I would appreciate
hearing from anyone on the list with first hand experience and
recommendations for specific radios.

Bike related topic: I rode without earplugs the other day and noticed
a continuous loud humming of what I guess is the fuel pump - it's
about the same noise that I get for a second or two when I turn the
ignition on before starting the bike. Is this typical?

Eric
Corvallis, OR

99 ST
03 EX250