Re: [ST] communications and loud fuel pumps

In your message regarding Re: [ST] communications and loud fuel pumps
dated Sun, 14 Dec 2003 10:26:58 -0800, Mike Benzon said that ...

>MB- Sorry Mike, my finger missed the "c" key. Mr Bostock
>MB- Mike Benzon

I've had worse.

You will need to get impressions of your ear taken by a hearing aid
technician and then send those impressions over to headset services
along with your Autocom helmet inserts (mic and speakers) [or buy new
for that conversion].

What did happen to me that was a mistake but a fortuitous one was
that they are supposed to fit a 100K resistor in series with the
earpieces on the wire that comes up from the helmet DIN plug.  They
forgot to do that for me.  I went a bought a £5 headphone volume
control, set it to the level that I wanted and then taped it up.  The
advantage that this has is:-
a) the bit of wire that is most likely to suffer wear/trauma/water
ingress belongs to a £5 replacement.
b) I can now adjust the volume to my own requirements.

So my advice would be to tell them to forget the resistor and source
the volume control yourself (or I will give you the part number from
whichever company it was that I bought them - I bought 3 at that
price!)

- --
Mike Bostock
http://www.toothfairy.co.uk/