RE: [ST] Tri vs Held tankbags.

Welcome to the list Rob!  Lots of good people and info here!

What part of Chitown do you call home?  I'm down near Joliet.

I bought a Marsee bag with a 4 point mounting system.  As suggested by
somebody on the list, I just loop the back strap near where the seat slides
under the tank and the seat tab holds it in place.

The front was a different story!  I really didn't want to wrap the strap
around the steering head.  After thinking about it for I while I decided to
run the strap through the frame above the radiator.  It works
wonderfully.  I mounted the bag this way before a trip to TWO in GA last
Sept and it held without any issues.  (It's stayed in place for over 2000
miles now even with occasional bursts in the neighborhood of 130
indicated.)  The downside is I wound up taking off the side panels to run
the strap through the frame BUT since I rarely ride without the bag it's no
big deal to me.  YMMV.

George