[ST] Tank bag

I just wanted to mention my tank bag, it's an Eclipse. It attaches with a
three strap method. It also uses a soft foam rubber pad. For several years I
attached it by passing the front strap under the frame but I was constantly
plagued with the bag shifting to one side. Recently, I cut the front strap
into two pieces and anchored each of them with the top radiator mounting
screws. Now there is no shifting side to side. The rear strap passes under
the rear tank mount. The bag has plenty of room, in fact I once spent a week
at Sonomafest with all my change of clothing stuffed into the expanded
formation of the bag. I left home the hard bags because I planned to do a
lot of sport riding for the week's festivities. I have also toured with all
my hard bags (3) and the tank bag. The bag has a rain cover, map pouch and
side pockets. The main bag has two compartments, the main and a smaller
compartment above the main. I usually store my sunglasses, spare maps,
wallet, cell phone and so forth. Typically, for day use I store a polar
fleece sweater, winter gloves, water bottle, balaclava and what ever else I
need. I like to carry my tire plug kit in one of the side pockets and a damp
cloth in a baggie for cleaning my face shield, in the other side pocket.
With the tank bag fully loaded in the expanded position and a
Throttlemeister in the locked position I can sustain a very comfortable
position leaning upon the bag. It has been several years since I purchased
this bag, but I think I paid around $100 for it. I find it serves me very
well.

Mike Benzon
Burney CA
2000 Sprint ST