RE: [ST] RE Moron#99

>>Even if you could sit them down and explain it to them, they
still wouldn't get it.  In fact, getting angry just increases my chances of
doing something stupid and causing an accident myself.  So I just ride
defensively and stay out of their way - let them crash into
someone else...

This is all too true; I never cease to be amazed at how many people will
react to situations like this by honking the horn, gesturing, shouting,
etc., all the while NOT paying attention to the road ahead or the vehicles
around them.  It infuriates me to no end when my wife does all the above
(neither hand firmly on the wheel), all before hitting the brakes or taking
evasive action.  What's worse, all the noise turns the previously
absent-minded idiot into an angry, aggressive idiot - meaning that an
accident is even more likely.

It takes a LOT of discipline and level-headedness to let stuff like this go,
but it's the right thing to do.  And the worse it is, the more steadfast you
have to be.  Venting on the ST reflector, however, is always a good way to
deal with it.  Kudos to you Mick for saving it for the right place and time!

I look at it as a "conservation of energy" thing; everyone who pulls a
bone-headed move like that will get theirs in the end.  It always comes back
around.

  - Dave

"I'd much rather be happy than right."  - Slartibartfast