[ST] Fuel Fitting Replacement

After ordering a kit from Great Bay and using a lot of words that should be
removed from the King's English while doing the install,  I thought I would
just put this information out for those who may be interested.  First, my
plastic female connector disintegrated and had to be removed using dremel,
soldering iron and fowl language.  I thought everyone knew not to use
permanent loctite on plastic threads, silly me.  Second, my other female
connector came in the kit with 3/8" barbs and the line from the tank is
1/4".   Don't bother to put the 1/4" line on the 3/8" barb if you should
happen to get the wrong part like I did.  It will split the hose, more fowl
language.  Fowl or foul ????  Wow, been a long day.  Great Bay is sending
the right part.  After doing a bit of research on BSPT versus NPT and
checking out my dad's Machinist Handbook,  that BSPT female couple is NOT
supposed to go all the way in.  It is doing what a tapered pipe thread is
supposed to do.  Just don't forget the red loctite.  Mine went in about a
quarter inch.

The following are Colder Products part numbers and the web page where you
can get a contact.  http://www.colder.com/asp_distributors/search.asp

This is the female fitting that screws into the tank -
LCD10004BSPT Description: 1/4" BSPT valved body
Coupling Material: Chrome Plated Brass
Internal Shut-off: Yes
O-ring Material: Buna-N
Pressure Range: Vacuum - 250 psi
Temperature Range: -40° - 180° F
Tubing Size: 1/4" BSPT

This is the female fitting on the end of the 1/4" hose coming out of the
tank-
LCD17004 Description: 1/4" HB valved in-line body
Coupling Material: Chrome Plated Brass
Internal Shut-off: Yes
Length: 2.00"
O-ring Material: Buna-N
Pressure Range: Vacuum - 250 psi
Temperature Range: -40° - 180° F
Tubing Size: 1/4"
Tubing Size (Metric): 6.4 mm

These are the two male elbows that are in the 3/8" lines that go to the FI -
LCD23006 Description: 3/8" HB valved elbow insert
Coupling Material: Chrome Plated Brass
Internal Shut-off: Yes
Length: 1.28"
O-ring Material: Buna-N