[ST] Re: st-digest V2002 #788

In a message dated 1/31/03 10:40:25 PM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I currently have a fairly standard leather jacket without a back
protector. I have heard that it is possible to have a back protector
sewn in to a jacket. Does anyone have any experience with this, and can
anyone recommend a protector to sew in?

I do not want a separate back protector as I probably would not wear it
unless I was out on long rides.

I got a Roadcrafter back protector from aerostich a few years ago-don't know
if they still list it-stiched the top inside the back of the leather jacket,
just below the collar, and then stiched the lower end inside the bottom edge
of the jacket. I then wrapped a Moose elastic waist-band back support around
the outside of the back protector, which then wraps around my waist, and
secures itself with Velcro in front after I put on the jacket, before zipping
up the jacket. All this is inside the jacket, and is always there. Works
fine, although I haven't crash-tested it yet.

End of st-digest V2002 #790