[ST] AMA ?? worth joining?

I've followed the "debate" here of recent on AMA membership.  Seems some
fault the AMA for their "racing" stances in the past.  And I agree they have
fooked up in really bad ways.  BUT, is that a good reason to forsake the
entire organization?  I think not.  New leadership is on the horizon.  AND
the only way to change this body is from within!  So if you are not a
member,,,,JOIN NOW!  Please.  It is not a perfect organization but it's the
best we have to protect our rights as citizens and motorcyclists.  Don't
like AMA policies?  Then JOIN and change them!!  We all get a vote, make
yours count instead of just sitting back and bitching about it.  Or worse,
doing squat, slackers.

Following is a good example of how the AMA WORKS FOR YOU.......

STeve Duncan
lifetime motorcyclist

read it.................

Feb. 3 ? New Mexico state Sen. Allen Hurt
(R-Waterflow) has informed the AMA that he will
withdraw Senate Bill 239, which could have forced some
motorcyclists to become organ donors.

AMA leadership learned of Sen. Hurt's intentions this
afternoon in a message which read, in part: "You win
>... I'm pulling New Mexico SB 239."

Late last Thursday, the AMA had expressed its outrage
at SB 239, which, if it had passed, would have allowed
the harvesting of organs from any motorcyclist who
didn't wear a helmet and was declared brain dead as a
result of an accident.

"This victory demonstrates how powerful our voice can
be when American motorcyclists speak together," said
Sean Maher, AMA Director of State Affairs. "When New
Mexico state officials received more than 1,100
e-mails opposing SB 239, they got the message, and
Sen. Hurt acted quickly to withdraw his proposal."

The AMA organized opposition to the bill, urging
motorcyclists to use the AMA Rapid Response
Center?part of the Association's website,
AMADirectlink.com?to send a message to Hurt and the
New Mexico Legislature's leadership.