[ST] Night riding

So on the commute home today I connected with Dale at Line 6; we rode the first part of my regular route (Cornell, Mulholland), then decided to do Piuma/Schuren/Fernwood Pacific on the way home.

I've been thinking about how badly I suck when riding at night, and this just confirmed it for me. Dale (who rides his Magna damn fast anyway) just rode away. I'd stick with him for a while, but was so far outside my 'comfort zone' that I had to force myself to stay on the throttle; that got tiresome and I'd back away.

So I'm trying to figure out what it is, and the best I can do is suggest two things:

1) I lose my sense of the road; I feel like I'm lost on the road (kind of like Turn 8 at Willow) and am just uncertain what to do next (this screws up my timing, and so on down the line...);

2) I stop trusting thr road (since I can't see the road surface and react accordingly).

But I always feel like I'm about hald a second behind the bike...

...interesting project, I think...I need to get better at this.

Marc